Linda Hill and Joey both posted about comments going to spam so I thought I would check my spam.
I have read many comments before about the strange things people write in comments. I have only received two strange comments before. One was something about joining some group and I thought maybe I would, but I didn’t. The other was someone saying simply, FOLLOW ME with a link. To this day I have not been able to find any website associated with that link or the name attached. I do have security on my computer so I know I did not get a virus.
When I opened my spam it had 5 comments marked as spam and let me tell you something – they were ABSOLUTELY SPAM.
300*words which repeated the same gibberish that was grammatically incorrect, misspelled and repetitive about something I could not understand about how great my blog is. *Because I was curious, I copied it and put it into Word so I could know how many words – 2202 – seriously, just wanted to give me a little pep talk?
- same as the first but much shorter.
- I might be able to say a few words in other languages, but I only read English – no clue what it said and I am not going to bother to use translation tools.
- Same as #3, but longer and possibly a different language.
- Really appreciated my blogging suggestions when the article was about shopping at Walmart.
Here’s my take-away.
- I don’t think I lost any good comments
- I am glad those comments did not appear on my page
- I must be getting better at this blogging thing because now I am on the radar of spammers! I take that as a win.
But, apparently some people are losing comments to their spam folder so I recommend looking at yours if only for the laugh at the weird spam that is out there.